Hold Me Tight® Couples Workshops
The Hold Me Tight program can help you and your partner in the following ways:
Secure adults have better relationships. They are more empathic to others, and better care-givers. They also know what they need and understand how to ask for support when the going gets tough.
A responsive, caring bond with your partner provides the emotional balance needed to deal with life's challenges – from everyday problems to major crises such as a global pandemic.
The Hold Me Tight program is the only program found to both improve relationship satisfaction and foster a more secure bond. This online version is based on the only model of brief couple intervention validated in over 20 outcome studies demonstrating long term positive results.
Dr. Sue Johnson developed the Hold Me Tight® program, based on Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT), and her bestselling book, Hold Me Tight.
In this workshop, we will teach you how to connect in a more powerful and harmonious way. This weekend will be Positive, Pro-active and Fun! And the skills you learn will continue to serve your relationship once you leave the workshop.
We keep the workshop small and intimate to ensure value and enhance the experience. We welcome people of all backgrounds, ages, faiths and sexual orientations.
What is Included
• A workbook full of information, guidance and helpful exercises.
• Engaging presentations, video demonstrations of other real life couples, and the opportunity for many private exercises and conversations with your partner.
• Personal support and guidance as needed.
• Breakfast snacks, coffee, tea and light snacks will be provided throughout the day. Lunch is on your own. Please feel free to bring your own snacks and drinks as well. (We are located in Scottsdale, Arizona, near cafes, a deli and a grocery store.)
• Post-workshop complementary followup support.
What to Expect
The Hold Me Tight® Workshop is designed around seven conversations based on the Hold Me Tight book, all of which have been shown to be essential to successful relationships. You will learn how to understand and improve your relationship with presentations by the workshop leaders, private exercises and conversations with your partner and by watching video demonstrations of other couples.
Although we encourage questions and comments, you do not need to speak in the group if you do not wish to. All of the dialogues with your partner will be done in private, as privacy, confidentiality and comfort are of upmost importance.